Samsung M300 Ringtone 2010-07-23
Even though I am not currently using it, I have a Samsung M300 crappy old flip phone. It isn't fancy and it doesn't have all kinds of bells and whistles... but it does make and take phone calls. I thought it might be nice though if I could be as cool as my friends with a pinhead ringer. I found it isn't so simple with this device, but it is possible. I found a post at sprintusers.com and thought I would reproduce it here in case that site ever lost it (and because I plan to use this info again).
- Trim your mp3 file to 20 seconds with MPTrim
- Convert your mp3 to QCP file format at Media Convert - Select "Pure Voice File" .qcp as output format
- Get a USB Data Cable for your Samsung M300 (possibly on eBay)
- Attach your phone to your computer's usb port
- nstall Samsung CDMA Technologies Driver
- Download Bitpim
- Add your QCP file as a ringer and your M300 will restart
- Go to Options on your phone and set your ringer
It should be noted that when I dragged this post forward from the old site I noticed that at least one of the links in these instructions is dead. If I find myself feeling excessively motivated I might just take the time to update this to a working instruction set again.