Getting Texmod To Work With GW 2009-12-13
This is an updated and simplified version of the instructions, which I was motivated to make by this reddit post. Links are now to local copies of TexMod and map file with gpg sigs and key instead of fileplanet and mediafire.
- Download Texmod [gpg sig] [gpg key 339CC7FC] to your Guild Wars directory
- Download the all-in-one map [gpg sig] [gpg key 339CC7FC] to your Guild Wars directory
- Extract texmod.exe and readme.txt from texmod.zip to your Guild Wars directory
- Run (double click) the texmod.exe file
- Click the large folder icon at the top left, to select the gw.exe file (this should replace the folder icon with the Guild Wars helmet icon)
- Click the folder icon between the two square text boxes and just below the "Logging Mode" button, to select the Cartography-Made-Easy-Complete-Collection map file
- Highlight the Cartography Made Easy line in the left text box so that it shows the description in the right text box
- Click the Run button at the bottom
This was tested today on a Windows 7 machine with no antivirus on it. When I originally scribbled these instructions I was very likely running Windows XP (and probably without antivirus software on it). I would think that the "D'Oh" error message might be caused by either antivirus or UAC. Obviously once this is working you may be interested in creating a shortcut to Texmod so it will be quicker to start.